Experience certificates are great tools to help a Software Engineer get a new job. They serve as confirmation that s/he actually did what an individual claim. Employers hand out experience certificates as part of the leaving process; some companies do not offer them voluntarily but an employee can ask for it for his benefit.
While there is no standard that an experience certificate for Software Engineer is written on, it does need to possess some important information. A short sentence providing information on an employee’s time at the company and listing his or her job duties (not all of them but the more important ones) can make a good experience certificate.
An experience certificate is a generic document – copies of one can be used for applying to different places. This is why it is not usually addressed to anyone. The following sample experience letter for a software engineer will give you a good idea of how to write one.
Software Engineer Experience Certificate Sample
June 11, 2014
To Whom It May Concern
This is to certify that Mr. Anthony Jobs worked as a Software Engineer at Symphony Teleca from July 15, 2005 to June 1, 2014. During these nine years, he has proved to be a conscientious and hardworking individual who has constantly met project deadlines.
Mr. Jobs has served to be an asset for our organization. For the past nine years, he has handled the following duties with precision and enthusiasm:
• Design and implement moderately complex software solutions using an array of languages
• Handle development of framework processes for applications
• Develop roadmaps and automation tools to ensure project fulfillment
• Handle configuration management systems and debuggers to ensure successful development processes
• Manage technical root cause analysis and handle corrective action as part of the troubleshooting procedure
• Review current software systems and propose changes and improvements
• Ensure that each software solution is tested in controlled mock situations before putting them in a live state
• Write and assist in preparing training and operating manuals
• Make sure that all systems are maintained properly once they are up and running
• Ensure that all project specifications are upheld during and after the development process
• Lead software development projects as a team lead and ensure that deadlines are met
• Ensure that the software models are optimized properly and that performance and consistency of design is maintained
Please do not hesitate to contact me at (444) 444-4444 or jlo @ symphonytelca . com if you require any further information from me.
Senior Manager (Software Development)
54 North Ave
Honolulu, HI 658747
Tel: (258) 000-9999
Last updated on