Post-interview thank you follow-up letters are often neglected by candidates. Sending a brief letter or note of thanks following a job interview is influential in conveying one’s appreciation for the opportunity. There is no specific format for a thank you letter, however general, business-letter writing guidelines are followed while drafting one.
• Your thank you letter must reiterate your interest in the position while emphasizing your qualifications for the job.
• Don’t forget to add any follow-up information regarding your candidacy that the interviewer had asked for during the interview.
• Keep your letter brief and include what you like about the firm while communicating how much interested you are in the position at hand.
• If there is some piece of information regarding your candidacy that you forgot to mention in the interview, thank you letter is your opportunity to communicate it.
• Your thank you letter must ideally reach the interviewer within 2-3 working days following the interview.
75 Timber Lane
Arlington, VA 56788
fiona . derek @ email . com
February 18, 2016
Mr. Harold Christopher
89 Hemingway Street
Arlington, VA 56788
Dear Mr. Christopher:
Thank you for meeting with me yesterday to discuss the Registered Nurse position. I enjoyed the meeting and highly appreciate the time you took to interview me, especially during this busy time of the year.
After discussing your expectations, I found that my qualifications are an exact match to your needs. With my BSN degree and experience in the ER department, I will prove to be a valuable asset to the medical support team.
My detailed credentials and two letters of reference are enclosed for your perusal.
Thank you again for such an informative and interesting meeting, I look forward to moving onto the next step in the selection ladder. If you have any further questions regarding my background and qualifications, please feel free to contact me at (005) 444-3333.
Thank you for very much for considering me for RN position.
Last updated on