A poorly written resume for medical secretary position can hurt your candidacy irrespective of how well qualified you are. It is important to possess the skills required by a medical secretary position as you apply for one, but it is equally important to portray these skills in black and white in form of your resume.
Here are some steps that will help you in developing a professional, on the mark resume for any medical secretary position.
☛ Executive Summary: Always top your resume with a power summary. It not only hooks the reader but also portrays you as a strong candidate.
☛ Relevant Qualifications: When it comes to the qualifications section, don’t just jot down all your skills, it can actually be lethal. Stick to only those qualifications and competencies the prospective employer might be interested in.
☛ Length: Make sure your resume does not exceed one page.
Following is a medical secretary sample resume for your guidance.
Medical Secretary Resume Sample
712 Merchant Ave ● Palatka, FL 87599 ● (006) 555-3333 ● clarence @ email . com
Bilingual Medical Support Professional
Highly supportive and reliable medical support professional offering remarkable skills in clinical hold up, medical transcription and calendar management. Track record of managing time and prioritizing tasks. Demonstrated ability to handle stressful emergency situations. Fluent English and Spanish.
|☑ Appointment setting||☑ Customer service||☑ Calendar maintenance|
|☑ Beeper paging||☑ Electronic medical record||☑ Front desk handling|
|☑ Decision making||☑ Correspondence preparation||☑ Medical coding|
|☑ Follow up||☑ Task prioritization||☑ Communication|
• Enhanced inter department communications efficiency by 50% through effective implementation of daily 5 minutes collaborative meetings
• Demonstrated excellent customer service skills which paid off in form of ‘the most friendly employee award’ in 2011
• Conceived and initiated a daily calendar display mechanism that reduced effort put in appointment re- filling and cancellation tasks by 30%
• Worked efficiently as a substitute for the medical coder and biller for one month in addition to carrying out the regular duties
• Devised a highly practical and convenient message routing system that saved the management up till 20K per month in terms of printing and labor costs, by communicating information such as lab results and data files as softcopy to relevant departments
GET WELL MEDICAL CENTER, Palatka, FL
Medical Secretary (2012 – Present)
• Greet, register, and direct visitors and patients
• Answer phone calls and take detailed messages
• Schedule and reschedule appointments
• Order and track all office equipment
• Perform data entry tasks
• Verify eligibility regarding insurance
N.S HOSPITAL AND KIDNEY CENTER, Palatka, FL
Telephone Operator (2006 –2010)
• Courteously and proficiently answered incoming calls
• Connected callers with the correct extension
• Quickly responded to emergency calls
• Opened and closed the switchboard
• Performed clerical duties
COMMUNITY COLLEGE, Palatka, FL, 2006
Associate’s degree in Clinical Management
• Expert in database/spreadsheet management
• AMCOM Computer System
• Word and Excel
• Good typing skills
Last updated on