A cover letter for Medical Receptionist position is your first opportunity to attract a prospective employer. A good cover letter invariably serves the following two purposes: it convinces the employer that you are a viable candidate and it motivates the employer to read your resume.
Your medical receptionist cover letter must be focused on the specific job details you are applying for. Instilling some knowledge of the firm and duties attached to the position is also crucial. Begin the letter in a catchy way but make sure your tone remains professional. In fact, it is a means of introduction but that does not change the document’s formal nature. It must be treated as an official document.
Here is a medical receptionist cover letter sample for a candidate with no prior experience in hand …
Medical Receptionist Cover Letter No Experience
892 Red Lilly Lane, Houston, TX 78002
(006) 777-6666 ● joy @ email . com
June 10, 2014
Mr. Andrew Felix
North West Community Hospital
76 Ever Green Lane
Houston, TX 78002
Dear Mr. Felix:
Your job posting for a self motivated and energetic medical receptionist is right on target for my job search. Having recently earned a diploma in medical reception and a short course certificate in medical billing and coding, I believe I am now ready to take the plunge and begin my career as a medical receptionist. Considering your job requirements, the North West Community Hospital seems to be the perfect platform to utilize my abilities.
Following are some highlights of the strengths I offer which are in line with your job requirements:
• Familiar with common medical terminology, IDX, MediTECH software and LEAN management system
• Groomed in greeting the patients courteously and scheduling appointments
• Trained in coordination of insurances and pre authorizations
• In depth knowledge of medical office billing and coding protocols
• Remarkable interpersonal, time management and task prioritization skills
• Proven ability handle multiple tasks simultaneously and effectively
• Able to screen phone calls professionally, noting messages, making appointments, reminding follow-ups and answering patient queries efficiently
My skills in appointment scheduling and front desk handling along with public dealing have been highly commended by my teachers during field exposure of my course work. I believe knowledge of medical billing and coding protocols coupled with my familiarity with various electronic medical database systems render me a front runner for the position.
I appreciate the time you have invested in viewing this letter and the enclosed resume. I look forward to a meeting with you where the position and my matching skills can be discussed in detail. I shall call you next week to implore an interview date and time that is convenient for you.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Last updated on