According to research based statistics compiled by many resume experts on the average, a resume gets scanned by prospective employers in 10 to 20 seconds. This means that the opening of your driver resume needs to be outstanding. It must engage the reader. Following are some tips on how to write a really effective profile summary:
• Summary of a driver resume must essentially be a snapshot of what you offer in terms of skills and qualifications.
• You can showcase some really relevant accomplishments in the summary.
• Summary can highlight the number of years of pertinent experience that you bring.
• You can bring the most wanted skills to limelight by complementing the summary with 2 or three bullet phrases describing the same.
480 Niagara Ave • Houston, TX • (008) 444 – 3333 • oliver . blake @ email . com
PERFORMANCE SUMMARY: Dexterous, customer-oriented CDL Class B driver with successful experience in driving a diverse range of vehicles. Fully adherent to NHA traffic laws applicable to commercial driving in the USA. Sound reputation of responsible driving, safe merchandise loading and unloading and accurate fuel record keeping. Full command over vehicle engine maintenance. Competent in auto as well as manual transmission vehicle driving and towing
|● Shuttle Driving||● Auto/Manual Transmission||● Customer Service|
|● Load Securing||● GPS Navigation||● Chauffeuring|
|● Fueling Recording||● Engine Maintenance||● Vehicle Service|
|● Log Keeping||● Wheel Changing||● Valet Parking|
✔ Enhanced overall engine life and efficiency by 50% through preventive maintenance, timely tuning and service of fuel jets.
✔ Cut down annual fuel costs of the vehicle by 2000 $ in 1 year by leveraging cost effective fuel consumption strategies.
✔ Pioneered in using radio devices to communicate with managers regarding delivery issues and service disruptions effectively.
WE DELIVER LOGISTICS, Houston, TX
Delivery Driver, 6/2010 to Present
• Load goods safely and deliver the same timely on given address
• Adhere to the highway and side lane traffic laws applicable
• Service the vehicle regularly
• Maintain fuel and route records
• Conduct pre and post trip vehicle assessment
PEPPER SNAPPLE GROUP, Houston, TX
Shuttle Driver, 3/2006 to 5/2010
• Kept a timely shuttle route
• Interacted with customers courteously
• Took orders, delivered merchandise and collected payments
• Oversaw maintenance of the van
High School Diploma | ST. CLARICE HIGH, Houston, TX
EXCERPT FROM REFERENCE
He is a very conscious driver with an exceptional customer-oriented attitude … – Anna Davis, Transportation Manager, PEPPER SNAPPLE GROUP, Houston, TX
Last updated on