If you are going to change your career path, you need a very specific and targeted cover letter to support your job application. In your career change cover letter, develop the reader’s interest by showing your knowledge about the position and company. Mention the transferable skills and qualifications which match with the new career opportunity you are reaching for. Convince the recruiter that although you do not have the similar position’s experience, you still are their best choice.
The following cover letter sample will help you in this regard.
20800 Southfield Road
Southfield, MI 48075
November 17, 2014
Mr. Joseph Lee Jacob
First Horizon National Corporation
165 Madison Avenue
Memphis, TN 38103
Dear Mr. Jacob:
I am writing to apply for a call center Customer Service Representative Position at Knoxville branch that I came to know about from my coworker Ms. Kelly Jason. First Horizon National Corporation being a premier successful financial services company, and now one of the largest bank holding companies in the U.S., is known for exceptional customer service and a deep commitment to its employees. It seems to be the best place where my skills and experience will be fully utilized and appreciated.
Currently, I am working as a receptionist, but eager to take more responsibility as a Customer Service Representative at your call center. The skills I possess that are required for your CSR’s position are:
• Customer Service Skills: With outstanding customer service skills, I can respond to customer inquiries regarding various subject matters as well as research and resolve customer issues.
• Dealing with all types of individuals: Understanding that the position requires dealing with thousands of people on call, I have the ability to remain calm and empathetic responding to complaints, for every type of customer especially problematic ones.
• Problem Solving and organized: With excellent problem solving skills and detail orientation I have the ability to manage multiple and conflicting responsibilities.
• Handling phone calls: I can respond to incoming calls repeatedly over the day while maintaining data entry with the ability to type a minimum of 40 WPM
• Computer: Working knowledge of Computers, MS Office Applications, CRM Software
The enclosed resume contains more information about my transferable skills and qualifications. I am sure I can transform my career into a call center CSR with the above mentioned skills. I could prove my abilities to you when you give me an interview opportunity. I will call you in three days to arrange for a meeting in order to justify my expertise. In addition, I can be reached at (090) 998-7877 or via email at [Email]. Thank you for time and consideration.
Last updated on