When writing a reference letter for chef, never include any negative comments as this may cause defamation.
If you have negative feelings regarding a chef it is better to say nothing at all or just decline to write a reference letter. The same applies to giving references over the telephone – negative spoken references could be deemed defamatory.
Following is professional reference letter sample for a Chef.
February 18, 2016
To Whom It May Concern
This letter is a strong recommendation for Mr. John Smith who had worked as Chef for ABC Restaurant since May 2010 to Dec 2011.
Following are a number of duties performed by him at the ABC Restaurant:
• Prepared food compliant with policies and procedures
• Ensured high standards of food handling and hygiene practices
• Showed good salesmanship techniques to promote purchases
• Prepared and displayed merchandise; maintained a suitable variety of fresh and appealing products
• Displayed and rotated products
• Performed all other related duties satisfactorily
John had successfully completed different on-the-job trainings and courses. His customer service ability was outstanding throughout his tenure. In addition, he possess a friendly personality with can-do attitude.
We wish him best of luck in his future endeavors. In case of any query, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Last updated on