If you need to apply as a caregiver and are in the process of building or updating your resume, you might consider topping it up with an impressive objective statement. Candidates generally face a great difference of opinion among recruiting managers and resume specialists as to whether an objective or a career summary is more effective. Well the issue is much debated but there is no specific answer to this one. It depends on your experience and expertise.
If you are an entry level candidate, or re-entering the job market or pursuing a career switch, then objective statement is for you. In case of any other scenario, go for a career summary. You can also use a summary like objective that highlights your strengths just like a summary but also explains your career goal by mentioning the specific position being sought.
Caregiver Objective Tips
Once you have decided that you need an objective for your caregiver resume, here are some principles that will guide you to come up with an effective objective:
• Do not state what you want, state what you offer
• Make sure what you offer is well aligned with what the employer needs
• Keep your statement short and typical if it is a skills based resume so the skills section gets the limelight it deserves
• Make your objective relatively longer and summary like if your resume has a chronological format since in this case your objective needs to hook the employer
• You can use some formatting in your career objective but make sure it is consistent with rest of the resume layout
Sample Objectives for Caregiver Resume
Here are some caregiver sample objectives for resume. These examples cover all the types of objectives covered in the above discussion. Choose the format that compliments your resume and qualifications best. Only you can decide which format will work best to highlight your profile.
• An ambitious individual driven to serve humanity seeking a position as a caregiver with ABC CARE. Bringing valuable experience in caring for elderly and disabled individuals.
• To attain a caregiver position at home instead. Offering remarkable skills in bedside care and companionship.
• CPR and first aid certified professional looking to join the team of dedicated caregivers at Home Instead. Offering expertise in medicine administration, direct client care, housekeeping and rapport building.
• Seeking an opportunity to make a positive difference in lives of clients residing at Home Instead in capacity of a caregiver. Strengths include:
✔ Effective Interpersonal Proficiency
✔ Dignified Personal Care Delivery
✔ Valuable Companionship Skills
Sample Objective for Child Caregiver
• Seasoned, energetic child caregiver seeking work with ABC Company. Offers a track record of providing quality child care in a safe and nurturing environment. Highly knowledgeable of children’s changing needs according to their developmental milestones.
Last updated on